Sunday, November 13, 2005

Dispatch from 2014

E-buddy Rick Carruth of Magic Roadshow hipped me to this provocative documentary from the future about the breakthroughs introduced by Googlezon (Google merged with Amazon). It's quite a thought-provoking piece, although I'm not so sure about its conclusions. Of course, as (I believe) John Perry Barlow said, when it comes to predicting the future we're all amateurs.

I think this little media project does capture just how amazing the last ten years have been, and its ideas about where we're going are mind-bending and startlingly plausible.

------------------------------

Thanks Rick!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting speculative fiction...and a little depressing, too. Let people pick what they want, and they just want crap, huh? I bet they're stuffing their faces with next-gen versions of potato chips and pork rinds, too.

PeaceLove said...

As I mentioned in the post, I don't really agree with their projection. I think what we are seeing is the Architecture of Participation exploding on the Web. People are becoming the creators, either individually or as an aggregate of intelligences, of the content they want. Since people aren't stupid, when you get them together they seem to do pretty amazing things.

And we've only just begun...