Thursday, June 30, 2005

Screenhead

I've been spending a bit of time at Screenhead recently, and sharp-eyed readers will note that I have added it to my Blogroll. They call themselves "an online review of funny shit," but they're broader than that and they often feature extraordinary art, online films, and flash animations you're unlikely to find elsewhere. They tend towards the dark and twisted (which works for me), and what's most impressive to me is the scope and range of talent on display in cyberspace.

Some particular standouts:

Kid Koala's Basin Street Blues is a beautiful song and a melancholy animated video -- a very controlled and haunting work. Polite Winter is a creepy but beautiful online art project, as well. And definitely check out Le Building, which is kind of a compressed Triplets of Belleville on acid.

No comments: